Black Bean Chili Burritos
- Skillet or Frying Pan
- Potato masher
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups black beans dried
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese Follow Your Heart or Daiya
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 2.25 oz olives sliced
- 6-8 corn tortillas organic
- Soak dry beans overnight. Drain and rinse water in the morning and re-soak for a few more hours.
- Use a pressure cooker (20-30 minutes using a manual pressure cooker) or Instapot (in pressure cooker setting) to cook the beans until fork mashable.
- Drain water from cooked beans.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper until soft (about 3-5 minutes) with a tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir in honey, seasonings, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add black beans and mash them with a potato masher.
- Once mixture is finished, fill tortillas with chili, vegan cheese, and rice. Roll and place in a large casserole dish.
This dish is tasty as is or you can top with shredded lettuce, tofu sour cream, guacamole, vegan cheese, salsa, and more olives. This dish also works great as a dip with tortilla chips or in a taco salad.